Cor and Rona, the Unwelcome Guests Members of the Coronavirus Family
A fun way to teach your little one about the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic.
This book uses health, humor and science to tell a story about two characters named Cor and Rona. Cor and Rona represent the coronavirus. The book explains how to prevent Cor and Rona from entering our bodies by using a house with several doors as an analogy. The primary aim is to educate your child on how the coronavirus is transmitted and what preventative measures we can take to combat this deadly virus. Illustrations are used to highlight key messages in a manner that is simple, friendly and playful.
We created this book to teach children (5–8 years):
- What viruses are
- Where the coronavirus came from
- How the coronavirus spread
- How to protect themselves and others from viruses
- The meaning of big words associated with the outbreak, such as: pandemic, infectious, vaccine, and social distancing
- How to practice proper hand hygiene and the importance of it
The book includes several “Did you know?” snippets with additional information the reader may find interesting, as well as a reference list of advanced readings for adults in the back.